Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Tell… I Mean, Cheer Your Heart To Beat Again

I hope my sister Viola doesn`t read this. Ah, she`ll laugh at me forever.

*****

fallingstars2

This morning she joked that my heart was racing and my hands were shaking, like how I tease her all the time. And I laughed at her, because she`s so good in imitating my joke and throwing it back at me. She really made me laugh with her hands trembling like an internet freak having withdrawal symptoms. ;) But laughing, to be honest, was a bit hard because…yeah, it was true. My heart was really racing… and numb. And tears could fall down down my cheeks anytime. And at times I even feel like birds {Did you their hearts stop beating when they get extremely lonely and heartbroken?} And my alibi that it was all because I lack sleep… that was lame, isn`t it?

 

-fallingstars3

 

You wouldn`t believe how many times I talked to myself the whole day, reminding myself to trust God and not take back the worries I have already surrendered to Him. And if there`s one thing I`m learning in this, it is the persistence and determination to stay encouraged in trembling, heart-numbing times. One`s really got to learn to tell his heart to beat again..and trust again. And if speaking doesn`t work, one has to learn something else.  And to be really good in it, at that. We must learn how to do a little cheerleading! Smile with tongue out {Oops! Does that sound a bit out of this world?}

 

The Self-Pitying Girl

I used to be the girl who wallows in self-pity when discouraging times come. I sigh. I cry. And then I sleep. And I feel like a bird. A heartbroken bird…

 

…To read the rest of the story click here and jump over to Periwinkle Confessions, where today`s Faith post is published.

Don`t forget to share a comment! Thanks so much!

2 comments:

coeline said...

very cute blog! i love how you put that element of cuteness pour in.. :)

Cathy said...

Thank you, Coeline! Thank you for dropping by and leaving a sweet word in the blog today! Blessings!

Post a Comment